Mental Health America (MHA) is the nation’s leading community-based nonprofit dedicated to addressing the
needs of those living with mental illness and promoting the overall mental health of all. MHA’s work is driven by
its commitment to promote mental health as a critical part of overall wellness, including prevention services for
all; early identification and intervention for those at risk; integrated care, services, and supports for those who
need them; with recovery as the goal.
There report is a collection of data across all 50 states and the District of Columbia and seeks to answer the
• How many adults and youth have mental health issues?
• How many adults and youth have substance use issues?
• How many adults and youth have access to insurance?
• How many adults and youth have access to adequate insurance?
• How many adults and youth have access to mental health care?
• Which states have higher barriers to accessing mental health care?
Read it here.